Some highlights include:
- Binging on Jamaican beef patties and Le Chee's 5 dolla fried chicken
- Attending the Special Olympics Belize Annual Meeting (and subsequently getting a free lunch)
- Buying 2 bootleg DVD's for $5 BZ a pop (note: the exchange rate here is $1 US = $2 BZ)
- Going clubbing at Cesar's Palace
- Taking 2 real showers, as opposed to bucket baths
- Indulging in some nice, cool A/C and thus stunting my body's ability to get acclimated to this ungodly heat.
- Hanging out on Caye Caulker (pronounced: Keee Kaakaa in Kriol) for a day and realizing how lucky I am that the peace corps placed me in Belize.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but here are a few pictures from the weekend...




All in all it was an awesome time and a nice break from all things training related. It was also nice because I got to experience the city, a place I'll be quite far from when I'm living in rural toledo come June.
For now its back to language and tech training. And just FYI, so you don't think I'm always lounging on the beach, this weekend I'm doing a community health fair, primarily geared towards mothers and children, with Matt and Mallory (the other two trainees living in my village). And next week I'll be teaching a class related to the HFLE (Health Family Life Education) curriculum in one of the local government schools. I'll most likely be teaching sex ed, since that tends to be a subject that teachers aren't too comfortable with here (Can you please send me some notes Dr. Lieberman?)
Anyway, I hope all is well back home and thanks for reading everybody. Miss you all.
- DL
Well, looks like you'r having fun :)
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!
yooooo hooyyyttt
ReplyDeleteSAW THE PICTURE YOUR FRIEND HELEN POSTED. DRAWING IT AND WISHING FOR IT, STILL WON'T MAKE IT TRUE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, BUT GET SOME ART LESSONS KIDDO. LMAO
ReplyDelete