Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Mets Come to Crique Jute





Well actually it was only Mike Lieberman who came to Crique Jute, but in his suitcase he brought some "amazin" paraphernalia along with him. You see, a lot of the clothing and hats people wear in Belize are donated from the United States. And since the New York Yankees tend to monopolize the entire world, as if Major League Baseball isn't enough, I see lots of locals wearing Yankee hats (even if they've never watched a baseball game before). Thus Mr. Lieberman took it upon himself to circulate some New York Mets hats and t-shirts in order to counteract the Yankee stronghold in Belize. Well I don't know if that was his exact thought process, but I support the endeavor nevertheless.

Here are some other pictures from Dad's visit:



Rainy Season 1 Dad 0. At least we got the fridge up the hill and I can drink cold water now.



We drove to pick up my friend Matt from his village after visiting mine, but this "bridge" forced us to turn back. Sorry Matt.



On the way back from our little road trip up to Placencia we stopped in Monkey River to visit my friend Cassidy. To get to her village (which is on the coast) we had to drive 15 miles off the main highway on dirt roads and then took a water taxi. Not a bad place to live for 2 years, right?

Although it was only a quick trip, Papa Lieberman and I had a blast.

So now my question is:

When are the rest of YOU coming down to visit BELIZE? We're currently under renovations (see pictures in next blog post), but we'll be taking reservations at the Mt. Crique Jute Lodge very soon!

-DL

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I will have send you some more Yankees caps to off-set what Mr. Lieberman has done. It's just like bed bugs, we must get them early before they multiply.

    ReplyDelete